BIBLIOASIS USED BOOK POLICY
What we buy:
We buy only books we feel we can sell. What we buy is based on changing market conditions and inventory levels. From day to day, what we are interested in buying will change.
Books are evaluated based on condition, our current inventory, current retail value, and demand.
Please note: Biblioasis does not do appraisals.
What we pay:
For Regular Hardcover and Paperback stock:
Cash: Up to 20% of the retail value of your books.
Store Credit: Up to 30% of the retail value of your books.
Store credit has no expiration date and is tracked in the store’s computer system.
Store credit can only
be spent on used books.
Prices for rare and antiquarian books are decided individually, on a case-by-case basis, based on research into the value and salability of an item.
We are unable to accept:
- Damaged books: excessively creased, broken spine, torn and loose pages, heavily notated, water/mildew damage
- Computer manuals
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- We will try to process your books same-day, but given staffing levels and store operations, this may not always be possible.
- Please call or email in advance (at the contacts listed below) if you are bringing in large quantities of books (more than 30 books).
- Rare and antiquarian books may require further research and consideration. Please be patient.